In Need of a Big House

My family and I need a big house so my kids have a yard to play in. We've applied for houses but no luck because our credit is so so. My daughter is 2 yrs old and deaf. We live on a busy street and I am afraid somebody will run her over. They never slow down on my street so can someone please make my kids dream to have their own room and a yard to play in? Brenda from Indiana


Editor's Note: Because we can't give direct aid, maybe someone has some good advice for dealing with deaf toddlers, busy streets, small houses and help for situations such as this.

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

By Sharon, Ky (Guest Post)
April 30, 20050 found this helpful

I would think that due to your daughter's disability your family would qualify for HUD housing.They have programs for not only renting but low income families can now purchase HUD qualified homes.Contact some sort of community action agency (locally ours is Kentucky River Foothills Development Council) and there are wonderful,understanding people there who will do everything in their power to help.Good luck and God Bless you and your little ones.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By (Guest Post)
May 2, 20050 found this helpful

Can you not fence your yard to keep your children off the street. When my kids were young I never had a home without fences - just too risky.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By KLS8800 (Guest Post)
May 2, 20050 found this helpful

When I was growing up, I remember seeing a sign on a cul de sac that said 'DEAF CHILD AT PLAY'. I think you should try to see if you cannot petition for a sign to be put in your neighbourhood. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Maybe if that does not work, you can have a sign made for your lawn if it is visible from the road and have it in a bright neon pink with black lettering that says Deaf child at play' or Deaf child in neighbourhood.


Check to see that it does not break any landlord/tenant or city ordinance codes first.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
May 2, 20050 found this helpful

Try looking into a repossessed house, just ask any relator about one or your housing commisson , which should be listed in the blue section of your phone book

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
By Beth (Guest Post)
May 3, 20050 found this helpful

Why not get in touch with that show on TV about home makeovers that surprise the families that need a new home or makeover. It's with Ty Pennington from the TLC show of Trading Spaces and While You Were Out. He now has his own show on ABC on Sunday nights and then again on Monday night, they show you "How did they do that" segment. It's a really interesting show and they help out A LOT of people in need. It sounds like your family is in need. Just go to the TLC web site and look around, you will find a link or something to connect you with this show. Then you submit a letter detailing all the problems you are having with the road, deaf child, traffic, etc. They WILL help if you contact them. Good Luck and God Bless

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Related Content
April 30, 2005
New Years Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2018 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2018/12/31 20:04:25 in 832 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!