Garden: Beaver Bush

4
Share
1
Save
Follow
Print

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 204 Posts

I call this shrub my Beaver Bush and here is the reason. I had a beautiful, young maple tree in my yard. One morning when I opened the curtains to let in the sunlight, I saw the maple tree lying on the ground next to what remained of the trunk sticking up from the ground.

It had a distinctively pointed top. As I am sure you can guess, the local beavers had taken a liking to my nice little tree. This is what the tree looks like today.

Once it began sprouting from from the trunk, I started keeping it trimmed, and now it is my Beaver Bush. Later in the season, the leaves will still turn red. Pretend you don't see the dandelions I haven't gotten to yet.

By Marie

Great story! Don't worry about the dandelions; we've all got them at this time of the year!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photos GardenApril 29, 2010
😎
🌻
🎆
Generated 2021-06-22 18:51:47 in 781 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf64120808.tip.html