Repair AdviceCars

A/C Problems In 2003 Olds Silhouette

Category Repair Advice

I have a 2003 Olds Silhouette. The A/C works, but stops working and restarts without a change to the controls. The coolant was checked and determined to be full. Cabin filter was cleaned of debris and recently replaced. Do you think it is the compressor or does it have a clutch that could be the problem or something else? Thanks I am a long time fan.

Dale

By jane (Guest Post)

I'm no mechanic but do live with one. To me it sounds like a vacuum leak. This might require taking it to a person who can check that for you. There are so many rubber vacuum hoses under your hood it might be hard to put your finger on the one that is leaking.