Handmade Sunset Silhouette Card
Read More or Comment...
Africa is known for its beautiful sunsets, and I wanted to make a card to commemorate this.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- 8.2 x 5.6 inch cream-colored cardboard
- 5.2 x 3.5 inch dark orange cardboard
- 8.3 x 5.8 inch black cardboard
- 8.3 x 5.8 inch light yellow cardboard
- quick-drying glue
- pair of compasses
- Artline 210 Fineliner Pen
- one matching envelope
- Fold cream-colored cardboard in half to create a card 4.1 x 5.6 inches ~ use the ruler to make the fold neat and smooth.
- Cut out the first house from the pattern sheet. Place it on the light yellow cardboard and trace around the edges. Then, cut out the house from the yellow cardboard.
- Cut out the second house from the pattern sheet. Place it on the black cardboard and trace around the edges. Then, cut out this house from the black cardboard.
- Glue the black house on top of the yellow house ~ it will now look as if a light is coming from inside the house.
- Cut out the tree section from the pattern sheet, and place it on the edge of the black cardboard. Trace around the pattern and then cut it out.
- Use the pair of compasses and the pencil to draw a small circle for the sun on the light yellow cardboard, and cut it out.
- Glue the tree section on the bottom edge of the dark orange cardboard.
- Glue the sun in the top right corner, and the house in the bottom right corner.
- Glue the orange cardboard to the front of the card, ensuring that it is an equal distance from the edges.
- With the Artline 210 Fineliner Pen, draw two birds in the sky.
- Cut a piece from the light yellow cardboard that can be glued to the inside of the card, where you can write a message.
By Benetta from Pretoria, Gauteng
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.