Sunset Photos

Category Scenery
The vibrant colors of a sunset make it a popular subject for photographers. This page contains sunset photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is one of the last photos I ever took with a regular camera before I switched over to digital. I remember rushing home from classes one day because I wanted to snap a photo of the sky. My old cat was on my fence so I thought it would make a great double whammy. :)

By attosa

Comment Like this photo? 41

I took this picture in July while fishing the Ohio River. This is my family's favorite place to fish. We love sitting on the river bank watching the sunset.

By mama22 from WV

Sunset on the Ohio River

Comment Like this photo? 29

I walked on the seven mile bridge and waited for the sunset. It was well worth the wait. There is nothing more beautiful than seeing those brilliant orange rays coming from behind the clouds.

By Alejandra

A golden sunset over the water and behind some clouds.

Comment Like this photo? 15

We have gorgeous sunsets here. This one was taken out our front door. This one was so vivid pink I just had to capture it. The silhouetted trees add to the beauty.

By Myst

Painted Sky Sunset

Comment Like this photo? 21

This is my 7 year old son and his friend who stopped skipping stones to watch the sun go down.

By Sherry

2 boys at sunset

Comment Like this photo? 19

Photo Description
Sunsets are gorgeous where I am. I go out my door and this is what I see. Last night it was more vivid than normal. The pic with the tree was out my front door and the sky view with clouds was out my back door. When we moved to Indiana I never realized how beautiful the sunsets would be. Without mountains you can actually see the huge ball of flames hitting the horizon sometimes. Nature at its best :)

Photo Location
Outside my home

Comment Like this photo? 13

Heading out to check the mail I saw this awesome sunset. Living in Indiana with no mountains can be frustrating when the winds come, no mountains to calm them down.

Scenery: Brilliant Sunset (Muncie, IN)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

At our new home in Bandon, my husband and I are lucky enough to be able to be in walking distance to pretty little Old Town, it's petite harbor, and even the beach!

Sunset Sail, Bandon, OR

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

My friend and I went camping during the summer near the Oregon coast. We went to the beach just before sunset and we were both taking photos. Later, just as the sun was almost over I moved back trying to get just the sunset but my friend unknowingly was in the way.

Person on the beach.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Sunset and sunrises are our speciality overlooking the Columbia River Gorge!

Scenery: Sunset (Lyle, WA)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

"Do, Do, Do, looking out my back door." Actually, this was taken from my front door, lol. I did not use a filter, this is the actual color of this beautiful Rhode Island sunset.

Comment Like this photo? 12

I took this picture during a flight to Singapore. I needed a few minutes to get the right angle and took the shot.

Comment Like this photo? 12

I happened to look out my window one evening and thought that the back half of our hillside was on fire. My hubby and I went out to investigate and were relieved to see that it wasn't a fire but a glorious sunset instead!

Comment Like this photo? 14

The sky was so pretty at sunset driving home from fishing I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Cottage Grove Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

We attended a circus here where, you can imagine, I took many pictures. But the sunset that greeted us as we were leaving was the best shot. Simply beautiful!

Sunset over the lake.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Colorful sunset over Chihowee Dam in East Tennessee.

Comment Like this photo? 13

This is a picture we took on vacation at my cousin's house in Nova Scotia. My young cousin describes them as cotton candy clouds!

A sunset in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This picture was taken outside of my apartment building in Redford, MI on 1/2/11 in the parking lot.

sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

While traveling, I stopped at a travel center in Big Cabin, Oklahoma to enjoy a walk with my dog. I didn't get far before noticing the amazing sunset that evening. Luckily I was still close enough to my vehicle to grab my camera.

Closeup of buildings and sunset.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 29

This photo was taken on Okracoke Island Outer Banks, NC on our honeymoon. We were married Memorial Day weekend of 2009 and spent 8 wonderful days touring the Eastern coast of North Carolina. What a beautiful sunset and memory.

Comment Like this photo? 10

We were on our way home from a 4th of July day out with friends and I thought the golden hues were awesome!

Sunset (Horseshoe Lake, AK)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

It was getting late in the day when I noticed an orange glow outside. I grabbed my camera and captured this beautiful sight. I couldn't get over how brilliant the orange color was outside.

Orane Sunset With Trees in Foreground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Sunset photo was taken at Graham Lake in Ellsworth, Maine

Sunset Over Graham Lake in Ellsworth Maine

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Waning moon framed in clouds and sunset from our front yard, in the spring of 2010.

Scenery: Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 87

Since my yard faces west, I am lucky enough to get a different sunset every day. This is one of my very favorites because it includes an oak tree budding in spring.

Sunset Through the Trees

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

This is my favorite beach in Onset. The sunset is always so pretty, people walking by will stop to watch it going down.

Onset Beach Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Red sky at night.

Red and orange sunset.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is an amazing Michigan sunset. I loved how the tree and the cornfield privided awesome definition in the photo. Seeing this sunset with my own eyes and being able to capture it with my camera was an "ahhh" moment for me.

Michigan Sunset with Cornfield and Tree in Foreground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

On a night before the sun goes down, the sky will glow. It projects rays of color throughout the sky, all I did was capture those rays.

Sunset (Iowa)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This is a view from the side of our property facing a pond. My husband and his friend are clearing out our woods and the sunsets are very beautiful. The ducks and geese love to stay there in the summer.

Sunet Through Clearing in the Trees

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

This is a picture of the sunset taken off of my front porch. We have ten acres of land and across the field every afternoon, you can see some awesome sunsets.

Sunset Perry, SC

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

This was taken in Nova Scotia at my cousins house. It's beautiful there.

Sunset in Nova Scotia

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I was shopping downtown and before I went inside the Arts and Crafts store, I noticed how beautiful the sunset was. I grabbed my phone took a shot, 1, 2, 3. I then even found a bench so that I could take a better perspective!

View of Sunset from Bench With Tree in Foreground

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

My daughter fishing with beautiful sunset. We love to fish. This is our favorite place to spend a weekend.

Fishing at Barkley Lodge Cadiz, KY

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

This amazing sunset shot was taken one dusk heading home from a challenging day working. Some days, in spite of our best efforts to maintain equanimity and a state of inner peace, the state of the world and of other people's minds make everything a challenge.

Clouds that reflect each other at sunset.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is a beautiful sunset over the trees for everyone to see. It had rained all day and everything was wet. Then to make up for having to stay in the house all day, God gave us a beautiful sunset. Oh Lord, Please give me another sunset out here like that one.

Comment Like this photo? 4

This was taken July 4th 2009 at the beach at sunset at Beachwood, New Jersey. A Typical Jersey Shore Town!

July 4th Beach Sunset

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This is the lake where I fish at. One thing that was brought to my attention is how the setting sun remarkably resembles the Star of David, me being David. ;-)

The sun is setting over the lake, looking like a star.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

We recently visited Sadler's Creek State Park for a camping trip. It was so hot that we believed we had found Hades itself, if it weren't for the lovely views we could always find out our window!

Sunset on the water.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3
Load More