Saving Steps in the Kitchen

I always hang an empty plastic grocery bag on the top cabinet drawer handle below the sink, which is next to the stove. That way, as I empty packages or cans of food, I put the empty containers into it. I don't have to take extra steps walking to where my large kitchen trash container is located. At the end of the night I take the bag off, tie the handles and drop it in the larger trash container. Saves many extra steps and time.

By Gladys

By Linne Dodds (Guest Post)

I do that too but I tote mine to another part of the house to be sorted into different bags for recycling.Garbage goes in the garbage can,not recyclables,

I started keeping a small plastic trash can (think bathroom size) under the sink to catch recyclables. It's a little less messy-looking than having a separate container for them sitting out next to the kitchen-sized garbage can (for example).

When it's full, I empty it into the bins that the city provided us.

Organizing KitchenNovember 7, 2004
🍀
🌻
🐰