Removing Permanent Ink from a Table

Help! My daughter got black permanent ink on my kitchen table. It is medium oak color. Any ideas?

My 4yr old decorated our wooden stools with black Texta. I tried toothpaste - it didn't work, hand sanitiser - didn't work, hair spray - didn't work (this is great though for Biro on velour), then Gumption. This is a paste you can buy in the cleaning section of the supermarket. It was great. Bit of rubbing required with a damp cloth and all gone.

I have the same problem with my wooden kitchen table. Permanent black Sharpie marker roll over from my son. I tried the toothpaste remedy and it didn't do a thing. I tried a little alcohol and it did come off immediately but also took off the Finish. Did you find a remedy that worked and if so can you please email me. Thanks