Using Buckets as Garden Storage Containers

Category Tools
Organizing your garden implements can be made easier with buckets. This page is about using buckets as garden storage containers.

I have an idea but not the components to make one. So, indulge if you will, my art work. Four gallon square buckets fit inside five gallon round buckets. By putting the square one inside the round one, you have a center place for your potting soil and small spaces for the gardening implements and garden stakes. I am enclosing a picture. The four gallon diameter is 9 15/16 inches and the diameter of the five gallon is 11 inches approximately. You may have to play around with the different sizes, but if you have two at home that you can try out, why not? This would also work with boots in the center and umbrellas around the edges, tall and short dried flowers, or anything you want to keep handy and don't want to dig around for. Hope this helps!

PS: If this isn't practical, please be kind.

By Sandi/Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Top Comment

This is a great idea. Where do I get a 4 gallon bucket?

Anonymous
Top Comment

Sorry I never saw this sooner. They are usually what restaurants get their mayo, pickles, etc in. Hope that helps even 4 years too late.

I found these very unique buckets/pails. They are flat on one side and would work very well against a flat surface. Because I spend a lot of time outdoors in the garden, storage for small items can come in handy. I didn't really care for the colors, so I freshened them up with spray paint.

• 2 bucket/pails
  • spray paint - Rustoleum 2X Ultra Cover paint and primer - pink peony
  • drill
  • 1 cup hook per pail

1. Wipe down bucket/pails.
  2. Ad

3. Spray paint the pails and allow to dry
  4. Drill holes where needed.
  5. Take the cup hooks and place in the pre drilled holes.
  6. Ad

7. Hang the pails.