Homemade Child Safe Ceramic Floor Tile Cleaner

In my house we have ceramic tile with little grooves in it. That's the best way I can describe it.

Is there a recipe for a homemade floor cleaner? My pediatrican told me not to use PineSol or Lysol. They contain harmful ingredients that could hurt my baby. So, I don't know what to do.

The lady at the local health food store today told me she uses vinegar and baking soda on her hardware floors. I just want so want something that is safe for my kids. My son is crawling and walking, but likes stuff. Weird, kid-like I know. I need to figure out a good glass cleaner, too. Any suggestions? I bought Tea Tree Oil and Orange Essential Oil.

By Susie from Biloxi, MS

My kids have very sensitive skin and I try not to use any harsh cleaners. I buy vinegar by the gallon and use it for Everything; mop any kind of floors, clean windows,bathtub,sinks, toilets; you name it. I will also use the kids baby wash to clean out the bathtub before bathing them and use hand soap to clean the vanity and sink. If you choose to use products like pine sol just be sure to rise with plenty of water =)

Get a floor steamer and add a little peroxide directly to floor (not in steamer), and clean away.

Anonymous

White vinegar and water for both the floors and windows and for everything else including toilets too! Of course you'll only need to pour maybe a half a cup of vinegar in the toilet since there's already water in it ;-) LOL! For cleaning that needs a paste just mix baking soda and water, rinse and then disinfect with vinegar and water.

I also purchase vinegar by the gallon like kellk does and it lasts a really long time and costs just pennies on the dollar compared to all the chemical cleaners out there!

I don't use anything other than vinegar or baking soda for general cleaning anymore because breathing all those chemicals over all the years greatly aided in causing Emphysema :-(

Just don't mix vinegar and baking soda together, as vinegar is an acid, and baking soda a base, and they will neutralize each other, so you will have salt water. They will bubble together, but that is just releasing carbon dioxide. Entertaining, but no cleaning value.