CarpetCleaning

Removing an Old Carpet Stain

My daughter had spilled something purple on my tan carpet. I thought I got it up but now its seems to be gathering dirt and it's getting dark. How do I get it out?

By CraftyMom from Pasco, FL

I think you still have the stain in the padding under the carpet and usually it will come on back through. Sometimes too, dampness can bring a stain back.
There is a product I buy at Kroger grocery store in Houston, TX USA called Incredible. It literally will get out anything, in my experience.

Otherwise I'd look for an oxi type product and/or one that is specifically for organic stains like blood.

I have heard that plain club soda will get red wine out of light carpet. maybe that will work. but I think the big deal is the pad underneath. You'll have to really blot, blot, blot after using whatever product you decide on.

Good luck to you!