When Should I Get My Dog Fixed?

I have a 7 month old female mix, we think she's mostly Brussles Griffon. When do I get her fixed? I hate the thought of her little tummy being cut. Do they do laparoscopic spaying?

Valery from NJ

By (Guest Post)

Check with your vet. They usually do it at 6 months.

By Donna (Guest Post)

Your vet will tell you what time to get your dog spayed. They do lapriscopic spaying and it actually does alot better job. It is less painful and it heals faster but make sure you use the good anestetic. If you don't, there is a good chance your dog will be sick.(throwing up) We adopted a female rottie from the humane society and we had to get her spayed. Worked out well.

By Robin (Guest Post)

You should spay your dog at 6 mos. of age, so yes, your dog is old enough. Also, they do not make a large incision at all. Our Golden Retriever's scar is less than 2 inches long and it sounds like she is quite a bit bigger than your dog so I'm sure your dog's incision will be even smaller.

By (Guest Post)

You would be surprised how dogs bounce back after "being fixed"! I swear my mother's 6 mo.

old pom didn't even know she had had anything done the day after surgery. She had to keep her in her cage for three days to keep her quiet.

By Donna (Guest Post)

As they said, check with your vet as each has their own preference. It is very common now to have animals spayed and neutered at 8 weeks (yes I said weeks!) which used to be unheard of. You should check with your vet right away, as depending on the breed of dog, your dog could come in heat any time now.
One of our rescues was spayed 2 days ago and she is acting as good as ever.

By Brandon (Guest Post)

My dog is in heat and has been for about 1 1/2 weeks but is scheduled to get spayed on March 24th. When will she be out of heat? Is it safe to get her spayed on this date?

By dwaynedevoid (Guest Post)

pllese send email to ddevoid @ cfl.rr.com (remove spaces)

By aubrae (Guest Post)

I have a 1 yr and 6 month old femal lab, how soon after she stops bleeding can I get her fixed?

By angie (Guest Post)

Can I get my Weimaraner fixed if she is in heat?

By Beka (Guest Post)

My dog is showing male dominance around the house such as snapping at us when we push him away because he is too close to us when we are eating on the couch. Is this dominance normal with him not being fixed?

Editor's Note: He will be a much nicer dog if you get him fixed, plus as soon as a dog goes into heat in a 5 mile area of your house, he will do everything he can to escape. Many male dogs get lost or hit by cars if they are not altered because their drive to find a female is strong.

By Renee (Guest Post)

My dog is 4 years old. She is a Black Lab. Can I still get her fixed or is she too old?

Editor's Note: I don't think she is too old. Call the vet to be sure but I think they will agree.

we had our dog fixed last year and she was 9 at the time and has medical problems and all went well

By SELENE (Guest Post)

SHOULDN'T THEY BE A LITTLE OLDER

By stacy (Guest Post)

I looked on the internet and I just cant find a place to get my dog fixed. It seem as nowhere in my area fix dogs.

Editor's Note Call a local veterinary clinic. They should be able to help you.

By Jessica (Guest Post)

My dog is 7 this year. Should I still get her spayed? I worry that like people, she's old and may take longer to heal.

To Jessica: Your dog isn't too old to spay. In my experience, dogs heal just fine and it doesn't matter the age. I've always figured it was because nobody told them they were supposed to whine and cry. :-) Spaying is better than constantly watching for messy heats, avoiding unwanted pregnancies, and stepping over the male visitors! Do it. You won't be sorry.

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 3, 2006
🌻
👒
🐰
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf66091652.tip.html