Clothing StainsCleaning

Getting Green Dye Out of Clothes

Someone gave me a green shirt that I did not know was dyed. I washed it with colored cloths, did not realize until after I dried it that the dye from the shirt got on some of my cloths. Does anybody have suggestions of how I can get the dye out of my cloths?

By vickie from Louisiana

This happened to me with a red piece of clothing bleeding into a white oxford shirt. I thought it would never come out! I bought a packet of 'Idye' dye remover- you bring a pot of water to a boil, turn it down to medium add the packet and put the shirt and 'cook' for about 2-3 minutes. Wa-la, the shirt was back to normal. It's cheap, about 3 dollars. Here is a link to the stuff I got, but you could also probably get 'Rit' dye remover at wal-mart and the like.