Internet TipsComputers

Add A Clickable Link To Your Yahoo Messenger

Give your Yahoo messenger chums a clickable link to brighten their day!

1. Open your messenger and find the "new status message" located on the option bar beside your profile pic above the ADD (+) friends symbol on the left. Single left click and you will see a drop down menu.
  2. Ad

3. Scroll down to the next to the bottom option (above "invisible") where it says "new status message".
  4. A small window opens and it is there you paste first a link, then a space or 2, then what you wish for it to say. Clicking this will take you to the url you pasted on. Recently I found that some urls do not work so if you mask them using "tiny url" (http://tinyurl.com/) or "short url" (http://www.shorturl.com/) or other url shortener it will. This has been the case mainly with the you tube videos.

Today I gave my chums a free Dunkin' Donut coffee sample! It made me feel real good to post them a small treat and a token of friendship!

Source: my own experience

This is a cool idea, I never knew that you could do that. Makes sense now that I know, but just one of those things that you never think of.

By Ciel (Guest Post)

Thank you for this useful info!