FurnitureCleaning

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have 50 year old white furniture that is saturated with nicotine stains. Any suggestions on how to get them out. I've used everything?

Breanna from Albuquerque, NM

I recently purchased a "white with gold trim" bedroom set at an estate sale. The tops of the dressers and nightstands are laminated. The problem is they are covered with years of nicotine stains. Can anyone tell me how to remove the stains?

Answers:

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have found that Orange Cleaners are great for nicotine. I have used it on wood and everything else for that matter. You don't even need to buy the expensive brands.
Vickie (03/31/2004)

By Ladyvmh

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

Go to the Dollar General store and by a gallon of 'Simple Green'. It runs about $5.00, but it will take nicotine stains off anything! I use it full strength on my computer, and it works like a charm. Just put some in a small bucket, dip in a sponge, and clean away. You'll be amazed at all the things 'Simple Green' will clean. (03/31/2004)

By sjackie2000

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

Was recently gifted with a vintage Mahogany bedroom suite that had been in a very heavy smokers home. Research led to a product called DL Blue Label Hand Cleaner. This stuff ROCKS! Used 0000 steel wool and the hand cleaner-may have to go over a few times if heavy buildup-but it doesn't damage your furniture. Google DL Blue Label -found a local hardware store that ordered it for me- no shipping charges- a large container is only $1.99. (07/14/2005)

By Sandy

Nicotine Stains from Furniture

I have found that Clorox cleaner with bleach works well as long as the furniture is a laminate. (03/13/2008)

By Rhonda