Clothing StainsCleaning

White Deodorant Stains

How do I remove white underarm deodorant built up from a black T-shirt? I tried soaking in vinegar. That did not work. Thanks.

By Mitra

Try rubbing the stains with panty hose.

My wife and I use a spray can for deodorant. This spray when dry leaves white powder markers on the inside of the arm pits. Does anyone have a remedy to clean these white stains off our clothes? Please help.
Regards.

By Robert from Seattle

Answers:

White Deodorant Stains

Change to a stick or roll on deodorant. It's better for the environment anyway ;-)

Also, after putting on deodorant (no matter what kind it is) just turn the fabric of the bottom of the shirt up and around/over the top of the shirt, then put the shirt on and then pull the bottom of the shirt back down.

If you still get the marks on the outside of the shirt just take a fairly damp wash rag and firmly wipe it off. (06/15/2010)

By Ann

White Deodorant Stains

This in most part is the propellant. Go to roll on. Much more friendly for skin, clothing, and the air you breath. (06/15/2010)

By Grandma J

Can any one tell me how to get the white stains, left by underarm deodorant, off materials such as cotton?

UK Nurse from Prescott, AZ

Answers:

White Deodorant Stains

The pantyhose tip sounds similar to mine. I've heard that you can just rub the white marks with a different section of the same piece of clothing (grab a section of the shirt in each hand and rub them together). It's worked every time I've tried it.

By the way, I lived in Prescott for a year while my then-new husband finished his degree at Embry-Riddle. I loved it there and I miss it. Can't wait to go back sometime! (05/17/2006)

By Marisa

White Deodorant Stains

After many times of trying I have just removed white stains from a brown linen top. I used Fairy washing up liquid. I tried massaging it into the stain from the back of the material and it has all gone. Hope it works for you. (07/04/2008)

By Judith

I have 2 black shirts that I have never been able to remove those white deodorant stains from. I've tried applying stain remover before laundering or hand washing, applying the detergent directly to the stain and have tried to scrub them out. I tried drying them in the machine, air dry, even drying in front of a fan, but everything seems to make it worse, the stains are still as prominent as ever.

They are both 100% cotton shirts with glitter designs on the front, so I would like to know if there is any safe way for me to remove these stains without completely ruining the designs on the front. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
BCuellar

Answers:
Soak in White Vinegar 09/14/2005
Try soaking the stains with white vinegar and let them sit for a while before laundering them. I know the vinegar removes underarm odors and the yellow deoderant stains left in white t-shirts, and it removes salt stains on boots, so it might take out the deoderant stains in your black shirts too. Can't hurt to try it.
By Jackolyn Smith
Pantyhose 09/15/2005
As soon as you see the white stain, rub it off with pantyhose. It instantly removes deordorant.
By Joanne (Guest Post)
Baking Soda 09/25/2005
Put baking soda on stains and dampen to make a paste. rub gently, let set and launder. You need to do it a few times. Or use Oxy-clean the same way. I saved many a shirts (husband's black shirts!)
By China from Staten Island, NY (Guest Post)
How do you remove deodorant stains from dark shirts? 09/29/2005
Thanks everyone for your advice, I really appreciate it!
By BCuellar