Parenting

Use Hand Cut-outs To Teach Numbers

Category Parenting

To teach my little ones the concept of numbers I did the normal counting beans and other objects. A fun thing we did as a craft and a lesson was this. We traced both hands on construction paper and cut them out. Then we traced these several times and cut them out. I would have the child take one cut-out hand, and show me how many fingers we needed for the number one. They would use their glue stick to glue down the other fingers just as we do when we hold up one finger.

It was so cute watching them figure out which fingers to glue down and how to do it. When we got to the numbers six thru ten they really had to think because they had to figure out which pair of hands they needed.When they had met the challenge we tacked their work on their personal bulletin board.

By Trigger