Organic Solutions for a Small Orchard

I have a small orchard of variety which consists of peaches, cherries, pears, and apples trees. I don't really know when to spray them for bugs and different diseases. Where can I look for good information? I like to have as many organic solutions, as I don't really agree with using chemicals. I also don't like complicated processes. Thanks.

Iovanca from Breedesville, MI

You don't have spray you trees at all. Just dig s small ditch all way around the tree. Put in about one cup Epson Salts, cover and water. The bugs go down in soil in winter time and they suck the water and die. I am 72 and been using this for yrs. Don't use to much as next year. Your trees might have too many blooms and fruit, and limbs with break off and have be trimmed back.

Hello Iovanca - Run, don't walk, to your county's Extension Agent! Your county anything will know where it is, like your county auditor or whatever. They have publications for you, they have people who will come out to help you, they have so much! This will be the most completely amazing tip for you, go track them down and let them do their stuff! They are called 'Extension Agents' because they are an extension of the nearest "Land Grant" University. So You are getting a whole university of stuff through one office!

Personally, I love Burpee's Seaweed Magic. Not only does it feed your plants but it also helps to keep all kinds of critters away. I would like to share a funny story with you about Seaweed Magic. My friend was going to our local home improvement store recently and asked if she could pick anything up for me. I asked her to see if they carried Seaweed Magic. She looked at all the fertilizers but found nothing. She asked the cashier if they carried seaweed fertilizer and the cashier said "Honey, You can't grow seaweed in Tennessee." Seaweed Magic comes in power form that you add to a gal. of water, then add a 1/4 cup of solution to a quart to spray. It is the most amazing product I have ever used. I wish Cornelle would answer a question for me. Can you use Epson Salts to rid squash bugs in the soil? Thanx!