Parenting

Teaching A Child How to Spell His/Her Name

Category Parenting

I have a four year old daughter and I am trying to help her get a head-start on learning before she starts school. My husband and I taught her how to spell her name one letter at a time. Her name is Ashley, so we started out with A, S. Then just added another letter as she caught on and could remember how to spell it. It worked great and she learned how to spell her name in no time!

By Crystal

By (Guest Post)

Remember, when teaching your pre-school child to write their name, to not use all upper case letters. When they start school they have to write it with only the first letter in upper case and the rest in lower.

By Christine (Guest Post)

I bought those little colorful plastic magnets for the refridgerator. I would spell his name with them and keep it on the fridge, he would always run up to the fridge and read his name. He would then want me to spell more and more stuff. I also had fun.