Use Small Photo Album for Identification

Buy one of those Grandma's Brag Books with the cellophane pages for showing off pictures. Keep your stamps, medicine list, driver's license, proof of insurance, and car registration in each of those clear cellophane pages that are meant to hold pictures.

I also keep any other pertinent information there, such as phone numbers, addresses, and coupons. I keep this booklet in the car at all times, so no hunting through the glove box or my purse anymore. Everything you need is in sight, especially if a policeman is asking for your driver's license. Just take out the brag book and there it is, easy!

By Joanne from Fond du Lac, WI

Better not leave it in the car when you come in. I don't leave anything in my car that contains such personal information. I don't 't even leave my owners registration in my car because I'm afraid someone could use it to transfer title.

Not that hard to do. Anyone stealing your car knows where you live. People will break in a car and steal anything no matter the value. My son had his truck stolen from our driveway. It was found by police almost one year later and title had been transferred. It was stolen by a gang that had being doing this for some time.

I have something similar but I keep it in my purse. It is a small photo album that holds 4 x 6 photos. I keep info on myself, husband and our 2 children....such as doctors and their addresses/telephone #'s and all prescriptions. Mine is basically set up to be health info. I agree with the other poster about it better not to leave that in your vehicle. We do not keep our titles in the vehicles but do keep registrations and car insurance info. Might need to rethink that. Carrying around everything in my purse might not be safe either. What does a person do?

This is a brilliant idea! Just use one of those small malleable plastic photo albums they sell at the Dollar Tree!

Thanks for the idea!
Katrina

Organizing MiscellaneousOctober 3, 2011
🎃
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf70944244.tip.html