Corner Dining Booth With Storage

We live in a railroad layout apartment in NYC and we want to build our own corner dining booth, i.e. a table with a rounded or two-sided banquette with storage space. We have scanned the net and books and we cannot find exactly what we need. Does anyone have any suggestions? We cannot afford to hire anyone and we want to make this space-saving and storage-providing dining booth on a very small and tight budget. Thanks!

I used to have a corner booth dinette set with storage in the seats (had a trestle table) and I could store tablecloths, linens, small card games and coloring books for my son. I believe the company was Bartlett or Barrett, If you look in the JcPenney catalog, you'll see it..it is pine and you assemble and stain it your self. THe bench is L shaped and the trestle table is big enough for 56x72 table cloth (seats 4-6) I had it in my Kitchen, 10x13! It was perfect.

Thank you camo_angels! I will look into this at once! Appreciate your help, Newbie

It's no prob! Our first house was a vacation home, 800 square feet with one bedroom and a loft. My hubby, me, 95 lb dog, fat cat and baby boy all made due for 2 and a half years! Luckily we moved to a big apartment before I got pregnant again!

HEY DUDE! UR IN LUCK! Check out your nearest boating store. Ask of thier furniture. It is geared towards economy of space. and you will have a very wide variety of design choices. As an added bonus, you cant commonly find things that are built much sturdier than marine grade.Except maybe space shuttle furniture.

I would suggest that you MAKE it yourself!! You can use PowerPoint to draft what it is you like your small dining area to look like. Feel free to take your time & plan it out exactly. Including ALL measurements.

Then, go to your local building supply store to buy the supplies that you will need. Many times LOWE'S has a very good staff that will help with any building needs.

You will definately need to buy an electric saw, hammer, & drill. Look at these as investments...... as they can be used over & over again. You can also buy round table tops & table legs precut there for a fraction of what you would pay for the entire set anywhere!!!

In fact, I just happen to have priced some round table tops & table legs myself: it would run approximately $14.50 to make the table. The seats with storage are quite easy. They are a simple cube!! Then add cushions for comfort. For the wood for the seats..... it costs approx $23 per sheet.

What have you found? I am in the same spot. My kitchen layout does not allow for a regular table and chair set up. Plus I could use the extra storage space. I am about to resort to building my own.

Check out craigslist.com in your area. Click on the "furniture" section. Always lots of great stuff being sold. I quite often see corner dining "nooks", "booths" & "banquettes" on the craigslist.com for our area.

I have a vintage corner booth set (black seats and yellow table) that I'm selling...unfortunately there is no storage underneath, but I'm sure it could be built...also the corner part probably needs to get re-upholstered because our cat used it as a scratching post. otherwise, the table and 2 swivel chairs are in perfect condition...email for pics. we're about to put it on craigslist in the nyc area...