Building a Corner Dining Booth

Category Remodeling

Creating your own built-in kitchen eating space can use a part of the room that might be too small for a conventional kitchen table. This is a guide about building a corner dining booth.

We live in a railroad layout apartment in NYC and we want to build our own corner dining booth, i.e. a table with a rounded or two-sided banquette with storage space. We have scanned the net and books and we cannot find exactly what we need. Does anyone have any suggestions? We cannot afford to hire anyone and we want to make this space-saving and storage-providing dining booth on a very small and tight budget. Thanks!

Answers

I used to have a corner booth dinette set with storage in the seats (had a trestle table) and I could store tablecloths, linens, small card games and coloring books for my son. I believe the company was Bartlett or Barrett, If you look in the JcPenney catalog, you'll see it..it is pine and you assemble and stain it your self. THe bench is L shaped and the trestle table is big enough for 56x72 table cloth (seats 4-6) I had it in my Kitchen, 10x13! It was perfect.

Thank you camo_angels! I will look into this at once! Appreciate your help, Newbie

It's no prob! Our first house was a vacation home, 800 square feet with one bedroom and a loft.

My hubby, me, 95 lb dog, fat cat and baby boy all made due for 2 and a half years! Luckily we moved to a big apartment before I got pregnant again!

By CHRIS FROM HOUSTON (Guest Post)

HEY DUDE! UR IN LUCK! Check out your nearest boating store. Ask of thier furniture. It is geared towards economy of space. and you will have a very wide variety of design choices. As an added bonus, you cant commonly find things that are built much sturdier than marine grade.Except maybe space shuttle furniture.