Bargain Shopping Near Washington D.C.

We are driving to Washington, DC and want to do bargain shopping on the way. The only place we know of is the unclaimed baggage store in Scottsboro, AL. We don't mind getting off the highway to find bargains. We will be traveling from I20 west to I-459N toI-59N toI-75 N. I-40 toward Knoxville then I-81 to Virginia and on the Washington, DC.

Help me out. We are bargain/Christmas shopping and are really looking forward to the drive. We will leave 11-16-2007 and be home on 11-25-2007. We are willing to come home a different way. Help me out. I love a great bargain.

Dawn from Longview, TX

Best Answer

Dawn: Here's a couple in Virginia:

The Williamsburg Pottery Factory(on I-64) Don't be fooled by the name, this place has a little bit of everything. I've been there many times, you're going to love it!

The Williamsbug Outlet Mall(1/2 a mile from the pottery) I've never been here but I hear it's great -- and ginormous! Lot's of people get a hotel room and spend several days here, the bargains are supposed to make up for it. Everybody says don't go on a weekend, it's absolutely crazy!

for more info, put the following in your browser:

Williamsburg Pottery Factory

Williamsburg Outlet Mall(this site gives directions)

Williamsburg Outlet Mall/store directory

Good luck and happy shopping!

I went to google and wrote in "outlet stores by state" and there are plenty options to click on. Check the state you are going through.
If you are interested in Goodwilll or Salvation Army stores, write that in to search by state.

By Margie Minard (Guest Post)

Don't know about the stores along the way, but for a REAL bargain on food in Washington, DC, Union Station, (main rail station in the city) in the basement, has one of the best food malls we have ever been to. I remember being in shock after paying $40 for two sandwiches and 2 drinks in the hotel pub before we found the restaurants at Union Station. Have a wonderful time. DC is one of my favorite places to see.

By Rasta (Guest Post)

I have been to the Unclaimed Baggage store in Scottsboro and thought it was like an untidy Good Will. I found nothing worth buying but maybe you will have better luck. Lots of people shop there. I won't go back.

We went to the unclaimed baggage store and loved it. I stayed 3-1/2 hours. There was a big rival football game that slowed traffic to a halt in Tennessee so we got off the highway and went to Pigeon Forge and spent the day at the Outlaw stores.

Fall in this part of the country is absolutely beautiful...yellow, red, orange and green...mountains full!

Consumer Advice Store FinderOctober 25, 2007
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf71921331.tip.html

Store FinderConsumer Advice