Treating People Kindly

One of the thriftiest things you can do is to treat people kindly. Offer your help and talents wherever you can. It's very much like planting seeds -- you're growing goodwill for the future. When you need help with a project, they'll be more likely to come to your aid.

Working together often accomplishes the impossible.

By zballoongirl

Right On, zballoongirl! The good old golden rule not only feels wonderful for all concerned, but is also pragmatic. Thanks for the reminder.

We live in a society today where TRUST has been greatly abused, and it is certainly understandable that you can't trust everyone, but have you noticed that if you smile at or admire some people's children they shoot looks that would kill you!!!

The following stories include random acts ot kindness to a total STRANGER-- which just happened to be me. When my son was in college I took him back to school after Christmas break (probably 150 or more miles away from home. It was barely snowing when we left and by the time I left his dorm it was unbelieveable! Leaving town I slid and hit a guardrail. My car began to smoke under the hood and I got out and checked to see that it was only from antifreeze on the motor. The only thing I could think of was to pull up to the next road and park it at some apartments there and walk back to school to stay in his room.

I had no extra money to rent a room. When I parked the car and I walked up to a STRANGER"S door and asked to use the phone. I explained the situation and assured them I meant no harm but I needed to call my son. The kind young man offered to take me to the school and I spent the night there and made it home safely the next morning.

The second story happened about 5 years ago.I was working 3rd shift at a restaurant about 25 miles away. It was the night before Christmas eve .As in the first case snow came quickly and I left work early . I stopped at Walmart for some last minute presents, took a bathroom break and left the billfold containing my paycheck in the restroom. I didn't realize this until I got to the checkout.

In a frantic attempt to locate it I ran into a nephew who offered to pay for my purchases, but I refused saying I only wanted to get home safely. While I was cleaning the windshield he walked up and handed me packages , wishing me a happy holiday. BUT THAT'S NOT THE END OF THE STORY--- A trip which normally takes me 25 minutes turned into a 1 hour nightmare. When I finally made it home, my Daughter, quite young at the time woke up and I explained about losing my billfold and that several things I'd meant to get would have to be put on hold until next payday. She returned to bed and I went in the kitchen wrapping what items I had to give.

Our family dog ran to the front door and barked so I checked outside. A woman was walking up to our porch. She asked if my name was--- and explained that her small grandson had found my billfold and not until she got home did she realize he was playing with it. She'd had her husband drive in this snow to return it because she thought I'd need it.

Tearfully I thanked her and went to bed. The next morning my daughter explained to me that she'd prayed that it be returned because she knew how much I needed it.

TWO LESSONS LEARNED: TOTAL STRANGERS took me under their wing in my time of need.Guess that means there is still plenty of kindness in the world. Secondly, and most important, the power of PRAYER we still serve a God who CARES about the problems we face,LISTENS to our requests and RESPONDS to our needs. If ONLY we'd DO THE SAME imagine the kind of world we'd live in.