Clothing StainsCleaning

Could My Iron be Leaving Yellow Spots on Clothing?

I am getting yellow spots on my nice shirts every time I iron them. I live in a hard water area and wondered: if it is coming from the iron? If it is how do I stop it? and most importantly, how do I get them out?

Thanks for your help.

By windass from London

Mine did this and I remembered I hadn't cleaned it out in awhile.After cleaning it, it was fine. With you having hard water only used bottle water in your iron. It will not cause this problem.Just like a coffee maker you can clean your iron with a mixture of bottle water and white vinegar. Let in sit in your upright iron for a bit then turn the iron up on high. I put a cookie cooling rack in my sink then lay the iron(on)on it til it runs clean.When I'm done I run my warm iron over a piece of wax paper. This helps running it smoother.

Thanks, ill try it. Funny though as the iron is brand new, I bought it about 3 weeks ago.

Any ideas on how to get the spots out?

Here in NC I have trouble with rust in my water. It ruined my brand new bathing suit, but I read a hint on Thrifty Fun to use lemon juice and let it sit in the sun. I had to do 2 applications but most of the stain came out.