Cleaning Supply RecipesCleaning

Making a Fabric Freshener

I am looking for a recipe for homemade Febreze.

By Shireen from Port Angeles, WA

I just use a small spray bottle put some baking soda in it, a handful or so, fill the bottle the rest of the way with water, shake it, spray it. My husbands allergies cant handle frebrees, so i use baking soda and water, seems to work for us.

I mix water in a spray bottle with liquid fabric softener (1-3 tablespoons, depending on the size of the bottle). It works as a fabric freshener and wrinkle-release spray.

Anonymous

2 cups water
1 cup fabric softener

I do one part fabric softener, 3 parts water. There's lots more if you look at the archives.

I use 1 part fabric softner, 3 parts water and 2 tbl baking soda. shake before each use. If the water bottle clogs up just run the spray part under hot water and flush.

Does anyone have a recipe for making something similar to Febreze fabric freshner?

Kathie from Portland, ME

Answers:

Making a Fabric Freshener

Just take some fabric softener and mix it with water. Put it in a spray bottle. Mix it half and half and it is wonderful. You can use any kind of softener you want and it works so good. (01/02/2005)

By Kelley from Etna, ME

Making a Fabric Freshener

I've noticed that by comparing Febreze with another less inexpensive fabric freshener, that they have the same ingredients. The others are several dollars cheaper. The one I have cost less than 2.00 dollars. And it works just as well. (01/02/2005)

By Joelygirl

Making a Fabric Freshener

The Dollar Store version of Febreze is even better. (01/02/2005)

By CAROL ROBINSON

Making a Fabric Freshener

Fabric softener, water, and white vinegar mixed in a spray bottle works very well. (11/14/2008)