Georgia Peaches and Cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 container whipped topping or 1 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package peach flavored gelatin
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and butter. Stir in chopped pecans.
- Press into 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in 350 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Mix confectioner's sugar with cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spoon on top of the crust, pushing sides up to make a slight well for peaches. Set aside.
- In medium pan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly, and cook on minute until mixture is bubbly, clear and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in peach gelatin. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Reserving 1/3 cup for peaches, spoon glaze over cream mixture, leaving 1 inch border of cream visible.
- Stir reserved glaze into peaches and spoon peaches over glaze.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Makes 16 servings.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.