Roses Have Witch's Broom Disease?

Has anyone ever heard of Witch's Broom Disease? My rose bushes have this, and I don't know how to get rid of it or how to prevent it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

By Chris from Clinton, MO

Please tell your friend that what I have discovered is that there is no cure for it. To get rid of it, prune it away thusly:

Wait for a day when it is dry and no chance of rain for 24 or more hours. Prune about 6" inches below the mass. Immediately dip the shears into a 10% bleach mixture to clean the shears. Or, alcohol may be used in a 10% solution. This will help keep the disease from spreading.

What I did was type witches broom into my search engine and read until I was satisfied. If this is the disease her plants have, she may be able to decide if it is with the photo's shown. Hope this helps.

Home and Garden Gardening RosesFebruary 9, 2009
🍂
🎃
Generated 2022-10-18 11:47:19 in 823 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf76588911.tip.html