OdorsCleaning

Smoke Smell on a Piano

I have just acquired a piano and dining room table that are a good 50 years old. The house they were in had a cat and they smoked non-stop. How do I start to get the smell out and clean it?

By Julie

A friend of mine just received a piano, but it was from someone who smoked. Does anyone know how to get the smell out of the piano without ruining the piano? It is a light wood upright piano.

Thank you,
Debbi from Brownstown, MI

Answers:

Smoke Smell on a Piano

This might be worth a try, I've heard it removes odors from other things. Try crumpling up old newspapers and stuffing inside the piano for a few days.

You might also try "activated" charcoal. I understand you can find this at pet stores. (04/03/2007)

By Melissa