Pollo a la Diablo

If you want a little less heat, use more sour cream in the sauce. If you want a little more heat, use more pepper sauce. Serve chicken and sauce over rice, your favorite pasta, salad greens or in a sandwich or tortilla wrap. Yummy the next day too if you have any leftover chicken and/or sauce.

• 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp. honey
  • 1/8 tsp. paprika
  • 1/8 tsp. cumin
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional if you're bold enough ;-)
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breast halves, cut into strips
  • 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic, or more to taste

Directions:

Mix together the pepper sauce, sour cream, ketchup, and honey until smooth, mix in the paprika and cumin and set aside half of the sauce, covered and refrigerated. Place chicken in the remaining sauce, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 or more hours.

Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Place marinade coated chicken in the skillet and cook until golden brown on each side until cooked through.

Meanwhile, heat reserved marinade in a small saucepan.

Serve chicken over rice, pasta, or salad greens with sauce spooned over the top or in a sandwich or tortilla wrap with sauce spread as a condiment.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Sounds good. I'm going to start this now for my late lunch. Thanks!

Anonymous

Hope you enjoy the recipe, a2Sa! Speaking of Pollo and seeing you live in LA I am so jealous because my absolute favorite Pollo is El Pollo Loco! I live in Washington State now and they don't have those restaurants here. I grew up in LA and if you ever run in to Tim Landers, Bassist, or Dave Koz, Sax, during your musical journey tell them that Deeli says Hi. They were good buddies of mine way back when I worked in the television studios and they were in a band on a television show we worked on together :-)