Parade FloatOutdoor

Float Ideas for a Mom's Group

I need ideas for a Christmas float for my Mother's Group. We are a nonprofit group and it is a light up parade. We need ideas that are cheap. We are a group of moms that have events like play dates, mom's night out, family events, etc.

By Sabrina

Well, I was watching a minute of Walter Mitty from the early 1950's and then saw your post. What I imagined was a float with a vintage electric stove (or it's cardboard double] with a mother in apron, stirring at stove, hairdo in 1950's curly
[permed] hairdo. Then a few more moms with arms linked in dress up clothing. Another Mom with Dad, and two kids playing a board game at a low coffee table. Maybe a sign saying MOM! in a heart shape. This could all be done on a large piece of scrap carpet on a flat platform.

T'was The Night Before Christmas......

All the Children in their PJ's & house coats

One Child as the mouse
One Mom as the Dad
A decorated Tree
A fireplace made of cardboard

Get a copy of the book from the Library, the illustrations should provide you with decorating ideas.

All the Children will own PJ's, and I am sure someone has a tree you could borrow, the Children could make the tree ornaments as one of their activities, or see who in your group has old Christmas stuff they don't want, and have some fun re-vamping it - the cost for all this would be minimal.

Good Luck & have fun