Uses for Unwanted Shampoo

Tips for using shampoo that you don't like to use on your hair. Post your ideas.

If for any reason I don't like a shampoo or shower gel that I've bought, I don't toss it out or give it away. I keep it to use when handwashing lingerie, and other items with. Works beautifully.

By Terri

By Jean (Guest Post)

Use in pump bottles as hand soap. Just add some water to thin if it is thick.

By kenett (Guest Post)

You can also use it in any foam pump bottle. Just water it down, and it will be just like what you buy.

Also shampoo or conditioners I don't use, I use to shave with.

Shampoo (for oily hair, especially) is really good for washing dishes if you run out of dish detergent. You can also use it to wash the dog (or cat, if you can!). If you can't think of any other uses for it you could put it with a collection of other little odds and ends, and put the lot on the freecycle site in your community (http://www.freecycle.org/).

TerryfromChilliOH

By Cathy (Guest Post)

As long as it's a nicely scented one, not medicated types, you can use it as a body wash when you shower. You can also use it in baths, add when the bath is first filling for bubbles, or at the end for a nice unbubbled bath with a scent. Kids love it with bubbles.