All Purpose Chamomile Shampoo
Chamomile not only makes a soothing tea, it has many medicinal, beauty, and bath uses as well. Make this shampoo from dried chamomile flowers, leftover bar soap, glycerin, and boiling water. This is a page about making all purpose chamomile shampoo.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
- 1 handful of fresh or dried chamomile flowers
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons of leftover bar soap
- 1 tablespoon of glycerin
- Cover flowers in boiling water and let them stand 15 minutes.
- Strain out leaves and keep water.
- Add soap and let it soften.
- Beat in glycerin, pour in bottle and store in a cool, dark place.
By Ellen Brown
Note: Some recipes are not suitable for sensitive skin. Each person is different, so test on the inside arm or wrist for any possible allergic reactions before using these recipes.