Coins Are Money Too

Remember coins are money, too. I have seen kids run away leaving a shower of pennies behind them, which I picked up! Some people have trouble paying with change, but it's currency, too! I pick up every penny I find and still think it's good luck!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

My goodness, we must be related! haha... Seems that picking up coins runs in my family. My mom will literally knock me out of the way to grab one of those beauties! My husband, too! May you find bunches of pennies tomorrow ( if I don't find them first!), and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Find a penny, pick it up--all day long you'll have good luck!!

And Me! I pick up any coin I find on the street, and I save/stash them at home too, as a form of savings and emergency money. A funny story here. I belong to a weekly writing group.. a lovely group of people, The class costs $7 a session. One week I was poor, really poor.. so I carefully counted $7 worth of 5cent coins and took them to class.

Later, an elderly lady who considered herself the 'doyen' asked who put all the 5 cent coins in the bowl. I told her I did, and she snapped. 'Don't do it again! I retorted. 'It's either the coins, or I don't pay at all this week. Take your choice!"
She backed right down.

Take care of the pennies and the pounds (dollars) take care of themsleves. A penny saved is a penny earned. If you are 5c short of the money you need for a bus fare you don't get to go - If you are 5c short in your money to buy something to eat you don't get to have it. Every penny/cent counts

I have to say I have been amazed at the amount of coinage I have found. Sometimes it seems someone has dropped all of their change and just left it. I will find a quarter, then another,a couple of dimes etc. I cannot imagine dropping my change like that and leaving it!!!! I am way too stingy I guess and I figure their loss is my gain. It brings back the kid in me to find money dropped!! I am always looking, and quite often finding, I love it.