CommunityBetter Living

How Do I Start and Arts and Crafts Club?

I would like to start a arts and craft club. I don't have a lot of money to buy a bunch of supplies. I want to do something I love doing, arts and crafts. Any ideas about how I can start one? Even if it was to meet once a month I could afford buying supplies for a craft a month. I like to teach, so any ideas? Thanks.

By Mary

This website might give you some ideas:

http://www.ehow  p;skin=corporate

Some time ago our senior citizen group started doing crafts. Each month one of the members would teach the others a new craft. They all took turns so all the responsibility wasn't laid on one person.

Get a church to agree to help you. That will provide a place for your group to meet, it may give you resources for donated craft supplies from parishners and it will probably get your participators. Another aspect to this is if the church participates in a program with a senior center you can volunteer to accompany the church to the senior center with the club members and help all the residents do a specific craft (one you can do in a couple hours with minimal skill).

Just ideas.

orientaltradingcompany.com has lots of cheap craft supplies. They aren't fancy crafts, but for the low cost you won't get fancy.

Oh Mary, I wish I lived near you! I would love to help you with this. I do not know anyone around me who does crafts any more. I love my crafts!! Good Luck with it!