Working During Commercials

I detest sitting through commercials on television so I use that time to accomplish (or at least start) some household task that needs doing.

It may be something as simple as emptying all the bathroom wastebaskets or taking the stacked newspapers from the TV room out to the recycling bin in the garage or getting the load of laundry out of the dryer and folding it, or even unloading the top rack of the dishwasher.

When the program resumes, my attention goes back to the television show. It's surprising how much you can accomplish by just working during the commercials.

By ronsan from southwest MO

By debbie (Guest Post)

I do the same thing most of the time and am always surprised at how much i get done people always say it sounds like I never sit down, but they know i do because of the shows i watch on tv.

By WENDEE (Guest Post)

Me, too! I get lots done that way. It gets to be a habit and I find it hard to sit thru a movie that doesn't have commercials. I like the little breaks.

Oh yeah, when Lifetime Movie network has a movie on I can get my housework done during the commercials. Vacumming a room at a time,dusting, putting up laundry, etc. And best of all I don't miss any of my movie. Shows how many commercials networks show doesn'tr it!

By Carolyn (Guest Post)

I am disabled but can do limited amounts of work at a time. I get a lot done this way without wearing myself out. My husband is always impressed at how much I CAN do during the day!

By markio26 (Guest Post)

this is one of my favorite things to do... i do a chore during the break... or i exercise..........take a phone call....

Home and Garden Cleaning TipsFebruary 21, 2006
🎉

Generated 2019-12-26 22:04:34 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

TipsCleaning