Homemade Chia Pet Ideas

0
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I bought chia seeds at my local grocery store to add to my diet but the "fun loving" part of me wondered if I could grow the seeds into chia people; so I tried!

I cut a paper towel to the size of the jars shown in the photo (to help keep them moist all the time to germinate) added some seeds and kept them on a windowsill, warm and watered for about 2 weeks. Once they started growing, I placed our photos inside the jar to make a chia person!

Hahaha. Could be fun for place settings at parties, too.

More Solutions

Kelly Ann Butterbaugh

As a Chia alternative, miniature plant heads can be made for much less. You'll substitute the clay head for a nylon ball of soil, and grass will serve to replace the chia plants, but it'll get the same amount of smiles.

The Cheaper Chia Pet

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersDecember 5, 2012
🎆
👔
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Homemade-Chia-Pet-Ideas.html