Use Tomato Cages For Garage Sale Signs

Our city has gotten very strict about placement of garage sale signs. We cannot post on utility poles of any kind, fences, etc. and fines can be levied. A tomato cage works fantastic for this, sign needs to be of heavy paper or cardboard and then tape onto the cage or tie. Voila! Place where you need it. No staplegun needed, it will not blow over and is very easy to retrieve. The sign stays in place and is easy to read.

I use old political signs with the wire frames that you push into the ground. I make 2 yard sale signs large enough to cover the political sign and tape one to each side They are easy to retrieve and are reusable.

Ronda

Thanks, what a wonderful idea. And I have a ton of tomato cages.

This is the garage/yard sale season and I think that this idea is fantastic! I really, REALLY, dislike garage sale signs that are left up long after the sale is over; as far as I am concerned, it is littering! This idea would help to keep the road sides clean of old signs.

I have been having and going to garage sales for years and this is absolutely the best tip I have read on how to put up signs. Its always such a hassle for me finding the right place and means. Thanks so much for this.

Toronto, Canada

The best garage sale sign I made was out of an empty cardboard box. I made the sign on the sides of the box. Then I tied some balloons to the corner of the box to attract your attention as they blew in the wind. To secure the box I simply hammered a tent stake to the inside of the box right down into the ground.