MiscellaneousOrganizing

ID Your Camera

Take a picture of your name, address, and phone number with your camera and/or phone. That way if you lose it, someone who finds it will see the info if they look through it for help in identifying the owner.

Source: I thought of this when my cousin, who owns a cafe, told of numerous lost cameras and phones with no ID to return them.

By Christine from Spanaway, WA

I don't think I would put all that information. You never know who will find it. Maybe just your first name and phone number then they could call you and you could have it sent to a PO box or meet in a public place with other people.

That my dear is a good way for someone to stake out your house and rob you dry.

I had my camera returned to me because I had done this! I typed "This [make and model number] camera belongs to:", then my first name, phone number and email address into a Word doc. I put everything in bold text, then took a picture of the word doc, without even printing it. (My hotmail account doesn't include my name.) Also, this image should be locked so that it won't get deleted by mistake. This works only if an honest person finds your camera. If a dishonest person finds your camera, he/she would just need to get rid of the memory card.

Oh this is not a good idea, not only unsafe but they can steal your identity, it's best to instruct people to drop your camera off at the nearest lost and found where they found it or just have the atitude oh well I lost it it's always easier to replace a camera than your life or a house full of things or perhaps your identity