How Do I Clean My Deep Fryer?

Category Kitchen
Deep fryers can get a layer of cooked on grease that can be difficult to remove. This guide has tips on how to clean a deep fryer?

Cleaning the baskets of a deep fryer can be challenging. This guide is full of tips on how to clean deep fryer baskets.

Fryer Basket

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Dry, cooked on grease can be tough to remove and deep fryers can spatter a lot. This is a guide about cleaning grease off a deep fryer.

electric deep fryer

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

How do I clean a deep fryer?

Heather from Toronto, Ontario

Answers

Best Answer

Heather, you can put water into your deep fryer (drained of the oil) along with some dish detergent and let it heat up as if you were heating oil to fry something. Let it simmer for awhile to loosen any gunk. Dump out the water and scrub the inside. Use a plastic scrubber if it has a teflon or t-fal interior. If its just plain metal (stainless steel probably) you can scrub with soap filled steel wool pads. Then just rinse with clear water and dry and you're back in business!

Best Answer

I just cleaned mine using a paste of baking soda and water. I was amazed at how quickly the gunk came off! I have tried cleaning it several different ways over the past 2 years and nothing seemed to work. I prefer this method over trying Oven Cleaners and WD-40 since I don't know how they would react to foods.

Best Answer

I have tried dishwashing detergent and it took forever. Ours is a small industrial deep fryer. So when you take the baskets out it leaves oil on the sides and with teenagers all over the case.

Believe it or not my hubby is cleaning it right now. We could not find the cleaner and regular dish detergent would not work. He found out that Sunlight with oxy Dishwasher detergent would clean it fast and easy.