RosesGardening

Why Are My Roses Turning Brown?

The tips of my roses are turning brown, even the new buds. What is causing this to happen?

Carol Mayo from AZ

it could be too much watering or too much plant food

By watkinson (Guest Post)

Roses almost always get spider mites on them. They usually always attack the tips, the flowers and the new buds. I have to keep a constant check on mine. My husband sprays them, I'll have to ask him what he uses. I have heard that you use sprays for spiders not your normal insecticide. I'm sending a picture of my roses to you to show you what they look like. They are very hard to see because they are tiny and green. I hope this will help you out on your issue. Let me know.

Editor's Note: These look like aphids. Spider mites are so tiny you really can't see them, just the webs they leave. You can get rid of these by just spraying them with a good stream of water, just spray them off. You will need to do it regularly.