Hang Ribbon Spools

I hung 2 chains from my ceiling 2 3/4 feet apart and 3 feet long. Then I took a 1/2 inch pole that is 3 feet long and filled it with the ribbons that were on their original cardboard spools. These have a hole that is usually at least 1/2 inch or more; I try to put the same color and types together.

When the poles have about 6 inches of space left, I push the rolls into the center of the poles, then find the same space on both chains and place filled poles through the holes on both chains. You space each pole as far down on the chain as needed depending on how wide the cardboard spools are. Leave enough space between each row of spools so the ribbon can easily be unrolled when you are in need of some ribbon.

I have had my ribbon like this for almost 10 years; it has worked really well. If you do need to remove a roll of ribbon or one becomes empty and you want to add a new one, you will need to very carefully remove just that pole with all the rolls on it. Be sure and not pull the chain so far apart that all will get loose or you will have a mess to clean up and reorganize. I have put a roll of ribbon on the part of the pole that is put through the chain. I use one that seemed to be really tight. This way it will not slide off of the chain as easily.

By cora from NC