Organizing Photos and Keepsakes

What is the best way to organize photos and keepsakes? I am a bit too lazy to do scrapbooking, is there a lazy person's way to having nice albums? Is it best practice to put all photos and keepsakes in albums or do people have other methods? I would love to hear your ideas.

By StellaBell from Manchester, WA

Best Answer

What is wrong with just putting them in photo albums like people used. You can buy photo albums that have pockets in the pages for 4x6" photos and a border on the side to write information on. I have these photo albums and when I have smaller photos I put two in one compartment. I do, do scrapbooking too, but I make photocopies of the the photos for that.

Best Answer

You can purchase ready made photo boxes at most dollar stores, or make your own from shoe boxes covered with nice paper of your choice, to match your decor. Then you can make dividers if you want, out of manilla folders, cut to fit the boxes, and leaving a tab on which to write the date, year, occasion, etc. Then the boxes look nice and can be left out for everyone to look through.

I used a A-Z alphabetizer and put post-its on the letters with my kids names and other family names, Sorted all the picutres according, then when they were all sorted I removed one of kids photos then sorted from newborn to present.

I couldn't find photo albums that I liked so I use 3 ring binders with the pockets in the front and back and put a baby picture and Graduation picture on the front cover pocket, it took a long time but the shelves look so much better

I also use a 3 ring binder. I bought 4x6photo pages off eBay, pretty cheap. I just label the binder by year.