Preserving An Obituary

I would like to preserve my father's obituary. Can you give me some suggestions on the best way to do this?

Thank you,
Peggy

Hi Peggy! First let me say I'm sorry about the loss of your father. Do you mean to keep the obituary announcement from the newspaper from yellowing? I know you can do it with club soda and milk of magnesia. Here is a site that offers several ideas(personally, I'd have more than one copy before trying anything). www.lisajohnson.com/.../clippings.htm I hope this helps.

By Margaret (Guest Post)

My mother laminates EVERYTHING, and quite cheaply by using clear contact paper.

By Laura (Guest Post)

I laminate alot of things like pictures,obits,etc..I wanna keep.I use laminting paper I get from my local Fred's discount store. I get it two 8"x10" sheets for $1.00.If have one near ya a great price to preserve something you wanna keep forever.

By Michele (Guest Post)

Sorry to hear about your fathers passing. We were given laminated (harder than normal laminate) copies of the obiturary from the funeral home.

If it was recent they should have them. But if it was a while back you can just laminate them as normal.

Take it to a store that does laminating. My local UPS Store does it at a very reasonable price, based on the size. I've gotten all my pasteboard cards (insurance, Medicare, etc.) laminated there.

By Cheryl from Missouri (Guest Post)

I would suggest using Archival Mist to prevent it from yellowing. Target carries it in the scrapbooking section. Also, you might want to store it in a small, acid-free photo album to further protect it. You could also scan it and store an image on the computer.

By Babs (Guest Post)

Hi Peg

Sorry about the loss of your father - that's tough. Our local paper carries the obituaries on line and I print them up - you get a permanent record of the obit and the paper is less likely to yellow with age.

By jean (Guest Post)

My sister just died and i am looking for the company that preserves the obituary. I had it done for my parents years ago and can't find the address anywhere.

If anyone knows of this company i would really appreciate it. Its really nice, I have had my moms since 1987 and looks like new still. Thank you for any help you can give me.

By Cadee Duquette (Guest Post)

Cadee Inc. Laminated Memories preserves obituaries on your choice of bookmark styles. Color or black & white photos may be added, and a lovely verse of your choice as well. The address is http://www.cadeeinc.com
Good luck!

🍀
💘