Preserving an Open Bottle of Wine

Category Storage
There are a number of ways you can keep an opened bottle of wine fresh. This is a guide about preserving an open bottle of wine.

A bottle of wine goes very slowly in my house as I generally only use it for cooking. In order to keep the wine fresh, I gently fill the opened bottle with sterilized marbles to keep the wine level as close to the cork as possible. The marbles take the space of the air that would be in the bottle, ensuring freshness. This is a tip for those who won't forget there are marbles within. ;)

When I saw the title of this post, I said,'I know who wrote that'. Miz Toosa, you are just too clever. I shall remember your brilliant astuce when I have my wine merchant deliver another bottle of Chateau Mouton Rothschild. I wont need the marbles for the Mad Dog 20/20. If I can't finish a bottle, My Saint Bernard 'Alky' will polish it off in short order. I had to stop wearing after shave. He tries to lick it off my face.

I have only used wine for cooking, and stopped doing so because it would go rancid before I could finish it. I am definitely going to do this. Thanks for posting

Hahaha your comments always fix up my cloudy days! That must be some happy Saint Bernard!

You're welcome, Judy :)