What to Do With Finished Jigsaw Puzzles

My girls love to do jigsaw puzzles and hate to break them apart after doing them. What to do with all those puzzles? I decided to cover the puzzle with clear contact paper. I can then use it as a beautiful placemat, furniture protector under plants, dog dishes mat, and I'm sure there are other uses I will find later! Very simple to do. After completing puzzle, simply measure the contact paper, adding 1 inch on all sides. Take off paper backing and cover finished puzzle. Carefully bend the 1 inch excess to the back of the puzzle. Then turn the puzzle over, cut a piece to fit and attach contact paper. Washable and beautiful. Hint: I found out with my dog mat that I needed to put an extra 2 inch strip around the edges to provide a better seal for waterproofing!

By Cynthia from Ava, IL

Where do you find clear contact paper? I've been told to look at the $$$ store and it is never there. They have many different styles but not clear. I've been to 3 around my area and no luck. Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Tammi

You can also find it at Wal-Mart in the contact paper aisle. Worst comes to worst, they sell it in preschool teacher catalogs. Google it and buy it like that. It's not too expensive. Like $20 a roll of like 50 feet. I have never seen it at the actual $ store. Ussually $ General or Family $.

Check with you local craft store for puzzle glue. You simply brush it on the front of the puzzle, let it dry (it dries virtually invisible), and you will have a new family-made piece of art! We have several in our house, and my daughter always points them out to any visitors.

I think it is very cool, but I always like redoing my puzzles again and again. It is just so much fun to amaze my friends by finishing it in just a couple minutes.

I put duct tape on the back of mine and hang them on the walls. I never buy a puzzle I don't want up on my wall, but I like your idea, too.