AnniversaryParties

Writing a 50th Wedding Anniversary Announcement

How do I put the names of deceased children in a anniversary announcement? Or should I? It's for their 50th anniversary and I am at a loss on how to write it up. It is for my boyfriend's parents and he is the only surviving child.

By tami from Pocahontas, AR

Best Answer

Who is putting on the celebration? If your boyfriend is putting it on, say that it is being sponsored by him. When my parents had theirs the announcement in the paper said something to the effect that the children of so and so request the honor of your presence at an open house in honor of their parents 50th wedding anniversary. Your attendance is the only gift required. This isn't exact, but it gives the general idea. We didn't mention my brother who had passed away in 1977, and the party was in 1988.

Best Answer

I would just say Mr. and Mrs. Brown, parents of: and list the children in order born. Don't mention they are deceased.

People who know them will know, and fill in those who don't. The parents would still want them remembered and their remaining son would too.

We are not sure there will be a "party." She asked me to write something for the local paper. I'm not sure how to write it and there is no help online, the ducttapemarketing, is nothing that I found to help! My parents are gone and she is like a mama to me, too. Please help.

How about this: Join us as we celebrate 50 years of wedded bliss for ____. The event will also honor their life as the parents of _______.

Pikka is absolutely right. however long ago the child still existed, is still part of mum. Acknowledge them, if mum has a weep she'll still be glad she's not the only one to remember .

Marg from England.