Tips for ConsumersConsumer Advice

Link: How Many Hours of Work to Fill Your Tank

This information came from our local news station~ KVBC in Las Vegas, NV.

Most of the country is now paying over $4.00 for a gallon of gas. According to AAA, the national average for a tank of gas reached $4.04 per gallon on Sunday. .

With the price of gas taking a much bigger chunk out of drivers' budgets, there is an easy way to figure our how many hours of work it takes to fill your tank.

The Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) of Southern Nevada has added a "Gas-Value Calculator" to their web site.

You just punch in your annual or hourly salary, the price for a gallon of gas, and the size of your tank. Press "calculate," and you'll discover how many hours you'll have to work to fill your tank.

If you'd like to check your own figures, you can do so online at the RTC website.

http://www.rtcsouthernnevada.com/

Source: This information came from our local news station~ KVBC channel 3 in Las Vegas, NV. - June 10, 2008

By Laurie from Nv.

By jen. (Guest Post)

I have to work 3 hours to fill up my tank. luckily I live close by!

It's a rule of thumb that tells me if it's worth taking on a little freelance job - if it's not economical and profitable - forget it, it's not worth the effort.

I have to work 5.8 hours .. unbelieveable!

Gas is $4.24 a gallon where I live, and according to the calculator I have to work 7.4 hours!