Removing Pen Ink from Clothing

How often have you had ink get on clothing in one way or another? This is a page about removing pen ink from clothing.

Ink stain on shirt? Use milk, pour the milk on the ink stain and wait for a minute or two then wash and hang up to dry. Don't dry in dryer as it will set the stain.

How do I remove dried ink from my wife's work pants?

By Jon E. from Maubry, AL

Answers

Best Answer

Use rubbing alcohol to remove in stain from pants. Put a rag or piece of paper towel under the material. Then pour some rubbing alcohol over the stain. Blot with a cotton ball until stain is removed. Wash as usual.

I left an ink pen in my wash and dried it. It got all over everything. Is it possible to wash it out?

By Heidi C.

Answers

Yes.
Leave it in a bucket of warm water for 24-48 hours and Presto!
Your ink is out. ( :

I use Zout stain remover it works every time.

Have you tried rubbing alcohol? Try a little in an area where no one will notice first, though.

Anonymous

Do you have to keep the water warm for the entire 24-48 hours?

I left a pen in my pocket and washed all my uniforms and now they are all covered in black spots

I had the same thing happen in my dryer 2 weeks after I purchased it. After some research I used deep woods off with DEET. Sprayed it on a cloth and wiped down the inside of the dryer...Miraculously the ink wiped right off!

I then washed some old white rags in bleach and dried them on high...that took the DEET smell out of the dryer and the rags had NO INK on them so I knew then that the dryer was good to use again!

How do I remove ink on clothes from an exploding ink pen in the dryer?

Answers

Hairspray has always worked for me. Saturate the stain and wash as usual.

How do I remove ball point pen marks from my husband's shirt?

By Cyndy L.

Answers

I have always heard that hair spray works. I would imagine some of those spray ons that you use before doing the laundry would work too.

Use cheap hair spray like aqua net and really douse it well. Rub it after it sets for about 5 minutes. Repeat if necessary.

I use hairspray on the ink spot, then blot both sides of fabric, apply another spray of hairspray, repeat blotting. Then spray with prewash stain remover and wash at once. Works for me.

Rubbing alcohol or any of the antibacterial gels will get most of it out, not a fan of the hair spray method

I got a pen mark on my white jeans about fifteen minutes ago. I've been using my Tide to Go stick, but it isn't working. I'll be in school for almost eight more hours so I don't have use of many things. HELP!

By Maddie

Answers

Obviously, this answer is late, but if the stain is still there or if this happens again, try rubbing alcohol.
If that's not available, use something that contains alcohol - hand sanitizer, hair spray, mouthwash, etc.

can we use actual alcohol? like the drink i mean.

Go to the nurse( if you have) ask for alcohol and cotton balls. Then dab the alcohol using the cotton balls for 5 minutes. REPEAT

A pen was left in my husband's t-shirt and it broke and got ink on almost everything. I didn't see it until I took the clothes out of the dryer. Is there anything I can use to get the ink out of a lot of clothes?

By Tiffany

I threw my white suit in the washing machine, without removing a biro pen and a ink pen. When the washing cycle finished, I noticed a few large ink stains on my white suit, the only one I own. Can you help please?

By Teremoana from Rarotonga, Cook Islands, South Pacific

Answers

This is for white ONLY. Use the Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover to remove ink.

How do I get rid of blue marks on my white skirt?

By Shaisha from India

Answers

I always got ink from pens on my nursing uniform and sprayed hair spray on the ink and washed it right away. It always came out.

How do I remove a blue refill ink stain from my Allen Solly white shirt? Please help me.

By Praveen from Madurai, Tamilnadu, India

Someone wrote on my jersey shirt with a pen (ink). I took it to the dry cleaner and washed it; the stain is still there. How can I remove it?

By Ciara

I got a little yellow ink on the side of my 100% polyester blue hoody with white stitching. What would be the best way to wash this out? It's fresh ink as well. Hurry please!

By Shane F.

How do I take out ball point pen ink from cotton clothes?

By Marion

I sent a coat with a pen in the pocket through the dryer. How do I remove the set in ink?

By Eldon Lee from Taylorsville, UT

How can I safely remove ink pen marks from red cotton fabric?

By Kim from VA

Answers:

Removing Ink From Clothing

Hairspray should remove the spot if the ink is fresh. (11/14/2010)

By Marjorie

My husband left a black ink pen in his pocket and I didn't find it until I took clothes out of the dryer. Now I have several ink stains on my light colored cotton clothes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get stains out?

By Mary Beth from Zanesville, OH

Answers:

Removing Ink From Clothing

Hairspray. (09/20/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Removing Ink From Clothing

Submerge stain overnight in rubbing alcohol. Rub the alcohol into the stain. Process may take some time. Good luck! It worked for me. (09/21/2010)

By ann

Removing Ink From Clothing

Pour rubbing alcohol on ink, then blot with paper towels. Repeat until ink is gone. This may take more than a few times so the key words here are patience and persistence. (09/22/2010)

By Angela

How do I remove ink from men's dress shirts?

Load More

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 28, 2012
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf913397.tip.html