TravelTravel and Recreation

Things To Do Near XL Center (Hartford, CT)

I will be attending a concert at the XL Center in Hartford, CT on Nov. 30th. What is there to do in close proximity to the center before the concert (ie. dining, shopping)?

az2010 from East Hampton, MA

I grew up in the area and it's been awhile but I'll try... the first thing that pops into my head is the Christmas lights display at Constitution Plaza. That usually has it's official start on Thanksgiving weekend (I think Friday). It's pretty and from what I've heard there are now cafes and such at the Plaza.
Also, call the Hartford Tourist center or the Chamber of Commerce or the Mayor's office to get tapped in to somebody who can help.

Good luck, have fun.