Butter Stains on Leather Shoes?

I got a pair of Sperry top-sider leather boat shoes, tan/camel color, for Christmas. They are more than a boat shoe to me and they feel like heaven. I went to a buffet last night and now I noticed 2 butter stains right on the front of them! They are suppose to be water and stain resistant. I tried water and dawn dish detergent, white vinegar, and talc/baby powder. Nothing seems to be helping! Can anyone please help me? Thanks.

Kathy from Philadelphia, PA

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

Gee, you seem to have tried everything. I would suggest darkening the rest of the shoe(s) to match the color of the stains. Those shoes gradually darken over time, anyway.

By Donna (Guest Post)

Have you tried OxyClean? Use VERY hot water and a bit of Oxyclean and see if that doesn't help. That's how I get butter stains out of my clothes.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsFebruary 16, 2009
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92655866.tip.html